Wednesday 20 July 2011

Did each Elavil (amitriptyline) take, while nursing?

Did each Elavil (amitriptyline) take, while nursing?

I have daily headaches and take Elavil in the past. I, that it takes, discountinued as I became pregnant with my daughter old now 6 months. My doctor is closed me on it theückgestellt, but I am very concerned at taking it. He/it said isn gewu dort\'tßt very much to an infant of the effects. He/it said very small, becomes through breastmilk transfers..., but I nevertheless am concerned. Is \'t I, because I can, stands and has hurt this you on a täglichen basis, but I don\'t want to harm also my daughter. I become fühlen, that a quantity improves, if I know other people, who took it, while breasfeeding and if her/its/their children made fine.

through momma2mi...

Best answer chosen by Asker

AmitriptylineAmitriptyline (Elavil) is rated lactation for risk of the book "Medications Art L2 & Mother\'s Milk" of Thomas Hale. Dr. Hale is * THIS * expert für medications and nursing. L2 meant "Sure.", Drugs the most certainly are rated L1 through L2 with L1-Sein and L5, that is a big one, no no,

Pro healthy:
"Amitriptyline and his/its more actively metabolite, nortriptyline, is isolated in breastmilk in small quantities. In a report of a mother, that 100 mg/day or amitriptyline takes, you milk, levels of amitriptyline and nortriptyline, more actively metabolite, determined the average 143 ug/L and 55.5 ug/L respectively, the mütterliche serum levels the average 112 ug/L and 72.5 ug/L respectively determined. KeinKein drug became in the Säuglinge-Serum notices. From these data würde an infant approximately 21.5 ug/kg/day consumes, a dose, that is unlikely, to be clinically relevant.

In another study, that follows a maternal dose of 25 mg/day, the amitriptyline and nortriptyline, more actively metabolite, levels of milk was 30 ug/L and < 30 ug/L respectively. ImIm resemble study of the dosage 75 mg/day was, you milk, levels of amitriptyline and nortriptyline determined the average and 88 ug/L and 69 ug/L respectively. BeideBeide drug were essentially undetectable in the Säugling\'s-Serum. therefore schthe authors corroded that a nursing infant would get less as 0.1 mg/day."

Under "children worries" healthy says:
"No unfavorable effects were noticed in several studies."

You/they can your local one, KL asks Leader or your lactation advisor to do a copy of the info of Hales, whether you would like to divide it with your doctor. It sounds like healthy Gefühle that is it a very sure possibility to me.
Asker \'s Rating:
Asker \'s Comment:
Very helpfully and brings me to feeling much better.
Save to! ! RSS

Other Answers (3)



through shericha... i takes also Elavil for migraines... i was told, that it takes you shouldnt, if you nurse,... here some matters i takes or made the headaches to aleviate during pregnant and or nursing.. my OB/GYN places me on Fioricet, takes the headaches quite fast away... then tried Nadolol, Blutdrucksenkung-meds, we it made my life so much nicer because it worked and prevented headaches,...

i knows your pain.. i had migraine headaches and then 3 months for almost the whole 9 months, after had my son i,... migraines brings you only to it, itself, to want to cuddle into a ball, and dies.. you dont wants to rise, or even sometimes, you associate with the family because you have so many pains,... thats, as i was,... goes back you to your doctor and inquires you after those 2 drugs for itself... i took fioricet and nadolol, during pregnant and nursing and my son is healthy as can is,

from Uther of Aurelia no time passes of "Amitriptyline in breast milk and influences a nursing baby maybe. Take not to without first speak any amitriptyline with your doctor, if of Brustf youütterung a baby is."

Source(s,:

! The health / drug/d00146a1

through? Pamela? I took one or two if breasfeeding, and I weiß, that my daughter was not influenced by it. I weiß also, that I was given a list of matters, that was suitable for reception, while I nursed, and amitriptaline was on it.

Her/its/their doctor would not have given it if was completely uncertain for the application as nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment